Artissima – the first contemporary art fair in Italy – presents Sound, the new section at OGR – Officine Grandi Riparazioni, Torino.
In 2018, Artissima will celebrate twenty-five years of discovery and rediscovery. On this occasion, its consolidated sections (Main Section, Dialogue, New Entries, Art Editions & Multiples, Back to the Future,Present Future, Disegni) will be flanked with a surprising exhibition project: Sound, a new section entirely devoted to monographic artworks focused on sound investigations in the contemporary art scenario.
THE SOUND OF ART
In recent contemporary art developments, sound has become central to new experiments because of its capability of disrupting the logic of visual art. Sound transforms space and its perception, reactivates memories and frees the imagination, becoming a fulcrum of research able of revealing reality outside of its visible aspects.
“Sound in art” and “the sound of art”: two meanings for a language that is both simple and intelligible to everyone.
A SPACE OF EXCELLENCE
Confirming its dynamic identity, Artissima will present the 15 monographic projects selected for Sound in a space of excellence, located outside the institutional spaces of the fair: the OGR – Officine Grandi Riparazioni, new cultural centre in Torino, hosted in a former train repair facility and devoted to music, performance and art.
THE CURATORIAL COMMITTEE
The curatorial committee that will select the Sound projects is composed of: Yann Chateigné Tytelman, curator and art critic, Berlin, and associate professor of history and theory of art, HEAD, Geneva; and Nicola Ricciardi, artistic director, OGR – Officine Grandi Riparazioni, Torino.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are available on our website, in the Applications section. The deadline to apply is May 15th.
THE OTHER SECTIONS
Furthermore, online you can fill in the application forms for the other 7 sections of the fair:
– Main Section, which brings together outstanding galleries in the international art scene
– Dialogue, reserved to a monographic booth or showcasing works by 2-3 artists in dialogue
– New Entries, dedicated to the most interesting young galleries opened from less than 5 years and taking part in Artissima for the first time
– Art Editions & Multiples, devoted to galleries and, starting from this year, opened to no profit spaces (NEW!) presenting editions, prints and multiples by contemporary artists
– Disegni (Drawings), at its second edition, entirely dedicated to drawing
– Back to the Future, this year exclusively focused on works realised between 1980 and 1994
– Present Future, dedicated to emerging talents and for the first time opened to spontaneous galleries applications (NEW!)